Stop expecting these for an effective Business Continuity Plan!
· Expecting that all the employees know their responsibilities, and everyone will contribute during the crisis
· Expecting you have a perfect communication plan
· Expecting your teams know what to do when they get an emergency alert
· Hoping your plans will work exactly as projected
· Assuming that you’ve addressed all critical infrastructure issues
· Excluding IT into BC plans because they have their own tech plans
· Underestimating the scale or the impact of a disaster
Try to avoid above expectations to ensure a successful Business Continuity Program. Get your assumptions validated at the earliest and replace them with the facts and action items.
To increase the overall resiliency and maturity of the BC program is a continuous work, don’t forget to get advice from our team of experts whenever needed.
Email email@example.com for more information!